There are a number of reasons why you might decide to reset your Atomos Recorder:
- Your device is not powering up
- You see a continuous 'Firmware Update Failed' message
- You have been asked to do this by your support team
Please be a aware we do not recommend repeatedly trying this on your device. If this does not resolve your issue after the first attempt please contact our support team.
Before you begin please make sure you have the following to hand:
- A formatted recommended HDD or SSD with the latest firmware update (www.atomos.com/support)
- Fully charged Batteries (if your device is not powering up please check them in your provided charger)
- Ensure your Atomos recorder is powered down (Hold power button for 4 seconds)
- Hold down the power button for 10 seconds approximately
- You will see the "Firmware Update Failed" screen
- Insert your HDD / SSD
- After a few seconds the firmware update should start to run
- Do not power off the Recorder whilst this is shown as you can permanently corrupt your Recorder
- Once complete the Atomos recorder will power down
Article is closed for comments.