Feature Activation Process
My Atomos is the place to manage your product, download firmware updates, unlock feature upgrades, activate codecs, as well as accessing tips & tricks videos related to your Atomos device. Here, you can also register your Atomos product (MSRP of $500 and above) for the extended 3-year-warranty.
- Visit my.atomos.com and log in to your account.
If you don't have an account yet, create a new one by registering here.
- Once you're logged in, go to the My Products section, where you can either add a new product to your account by clicking the Register Product tile or access Atomos products that you've previously registered to your account.
- After selecting your product, press the "Activate Now" button for all the features you want to enable on your device.
Note: You can activate multiple features at one time.
- Once you've activated all the features you want to enable on your device, press the "Download Token" button.
Note: A single activation token will support all the features you want to activate on your device, so don't load individual tokens for single features onto your SSD. The activation token will remain in your account on my.atomos.com and will also be forwarded to your registered E-Mail address.
- Before you load the token onto your SSD to activate the features/codecs you've previously selected, ensure that the latest firmware is installed on your Atomos device.
Note: If you are not running the latest firmware, you might not be able to activate features on your Atomos device.
- To download the latest firmware for your device, navigate to the Firmware Update tab and press Update on the most recent version of AtomOS at the top of the list.
- With the firmware downloaded, unzip the archive and transfer the .FW file to the ROOT level of your SSD.
Note: Do not place the .FW file in any folders, and ensure that your computer operating system does not automatically add a 1 or any other characters to the file name.
- Unzip the archive and place the Activation.bin file in the ROOT directory of your SSD.
Note: Do not place the .bin file in any folders, and ensure that your computer operating system does not automatically add a 1 or any other characters to the file name.
- Before removing the storage media from your dock, eject it by following the computers operating system guidelines.
- With your Atomos device turned OFF, insert the SSD with the .FW and .bin files on it into the drive slot.
Note: Make sure you're either connected to mains power via the power adapter or use a freshly charged battery during the update process.
- Power on your device, and the system will automatically start to update. A progress bar will be displayed throughout the update process, which may take a few minutes. Once the firmware update is completed, your device will automatically power off.
- Power your device back on.
Note: If you updated a NINJA V/V+ with an AtomX module attached, it may now automatically install the latest module firmware. After that, the device may also need to be restarted.
- Your device will indicate that it has detected your activation token and automatically opens the Activation menu page. Simply press the Install button in this menu, and the feature/s you selected in my.atomos.com will now be enabled.
Note: If your device does not prompt the detection of an activation token, navigate to the Activation menu via the top navigation bar and select Activate Feature.
If you run into any problems with the feature activation or firmware updates, contact us via atomos.com/support