Devices with dual battery slots feature an Atomos battery looping technology called Continuous Power. When power is running low on one battery, power is automatically switched to the second battery allowing you to remove the exhausted battery and replace it with a fully charged one. The unit continues to operate as you do this, allowing you to continue recording uninterrupted. Ninja2/Ninja Blade/Samurai Blade battery slots are labelled “1” and “2” – for these models a charged battery needs to be in slot #1 for start-up. For the Flame series and Inferno either battery slot can be used for start-up.
Articles in this section
- How do I turn the unit on or off?
- How can I connect to D-Tap or P-Tap battery systems?
- Can I hot swap batteries with the dual battery slots?
- What is battery priority mode?
- What do the LED indicators on the fast charger mean?
- How long does it take to charge the batteries?
- What accessories ship with Atomos monitor-recorders?